Raise your hand if you have the budget to hire all the staff you want! …. Exactly.
I doubt there’s anyone who can. But you still have jobs that need to get done and more ministry requires more help.
So you need more volunteers.
It’s kind of a vicious circle but I know the trick to help you get the most out of your workers and leaders. You ready for it?
M-O-T-I-V-A-T-I-O-N. Let’s talk about it.
- Volunteers commit and then don’t show up
- Volunteers will only work but so hard
- You can’t expect much from volunteers
- Volunteers aren’t reliable
- There aren’t enough volunteers to go around
- You don’t have authority over volunteers
Getting the Best out of Volunteers
1. Develop Relationships with Volunteers:
2. Empower People to Lead:
3. Remind Them of the Vision:
Vision is a strong motivator for people.